When installing Sound Control on 11.4 or later you are given the choice of installing either a System Extension or a User Audio Driver.
- Installation requires booting into Recovery mode and granting permission for the System Extension to load.
- Supports AirPlay
- No added output latency
User Audio Driver
- Easy installation that doesn't require any additional steps.
- Doesn't support AirPlay
- May add some latency to output audio
Switching PlugIn Type
To change the installed PlugIn type you must first uninstall the previous plugin. In Sound Control's Preferences -> Support, click on the Uninstall... button. Make sure that only Static Z Sound Processor is selected for Uninstall. The next time you run Sound Control you will be able to choose the PlugIn type to install.
Installing System Audio Extension
After installing the System Audio Extension, you must grant permission for your Mac to load it. Follow these steps to grant permission:
- Shut down your Mac.
- Boot into Recovery Mode.
- Select "Terminal" from the Utilities menu in the menu bar.
- Enter the following command:
spctl kext-consent add LDG5AR2ES5
- Restart your Mac.
The command above tells your Mac to allow System Extensions by Static Z Software to load. LDG5AR2ES5 is our Apple supplied unique developer ID.